Specifications - 319
Model SIM Three Phase Simplex Control Panel
- These specifications describe model SIM as manufactured by See Water, Inc., Riverside, California, or approved equal. The contractor shall furnish and install the SIM Three Phase Simplex Control Panel as specified herein.
- Incoming pump power shall be Three Phase, 60 Hz., 208/240/480 VAC. Multi-Tap transformer (208/240/480VAC Primary) provides 120V control power for the simplex control circuit board.
- The panel shall be built by a UL 508A approved controls system manufacturer (See Water, Inc. or approved equal) and 100% tested at the factory prior to shipping.
- The Three Phase Simplex Control Panel shall be warranted in writing against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years from the date of shipment when installed and used in accordance with the operator’s manual.
- The enclosure shall be a Polycarbonate NEMA 4X Panel Enclosure with lockable latches approved for indoor or outdoor environments.
- The pump panel shall include a green power on light, pump hand-off-auto (H.O.A.) switch, green pump run light.
- The motor starter shall be non-reversing IEC type rated for the pump’s full load amps. The coil operating voltage shall be 12 VDC.
- Pump Protection: A pump circuit breaker shall be used as branch circuit protection for the pump. Adjustable overload protection is to be provided.
- A simplex control circuit board (See Water Control Board or approved equal) shall be provided to avoid conventional incidental wiring. The circuit board shall include (1) Fused input (2) Built-in overcurrent protection in cases where surges up to 300v occur or wrong components are connected to the board (power light will blink) (3) Allow for the use of DC low voltage float switches to meet the universal SELV guidelines (less than 60 VDC).
- The control panel shall incorporate two (2) normally open, mechanically activated control switches with pipe clamps.
- The control panel shall be operator and maintenance friendly to ensure ease of system set up. All internal wiring shall be of the highest quality and craftsmanship to assure proper routing of conductors and to prevent interference with operating devices. A panel nameplate shall be permanently affixed to the panel and include the following: panel model number, drawing number, voltage, phase, ampere rating, and horsepower ratings. There shall be a schematic drawing located on the inside of the panel for field personnel.
- Control panel shall be a SIM, SIM-3-X or approved equal.