Specifications - 273
Oil Smart Model OSSIM-TP-1 Single Phase Simplex Control Panel
- These specifications describe model OSSIM-TP-1 as manufactured by See Water, Inc., Riverside, California, or approved equal. The contractor shall furnish and install the Oil Smart Single Phase Simplex Control Panel as specified herein. 2. Incoming pump power shall be Single Phase, 60 Hz., 120/208/240 VAC. 3. Incoming voltage to power Alarm Circuit shall be Single Phase, 60Hz., 120 VAC. 4. The Oil Smart Pump Switch shall differentiate between oil and water and shall not allow pumping if oil is detected. 5. The Liquid Smart Alarm Sensor shall alert of a high liquid presence and differentiate between oil and water.
- The panel shall be built by a UL 508A approved control systems manufacturer (See Water, Inc. or approved equal) and 100% tested at the factory prior to shipping. Additionally, the panel shall be certified by a second certification company (CSA International or approved equal).
- The Single Phase Simplex Control Panel shall be warranted in writing against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years from the date of shipment when installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations.
- The enclosure shall be Polycarbonate NEMA 4X rated with lockable latches approved for indoor and outdoor environments.
- The enclosure shall have a clear front door so control panel indicators are visible. The front panel indicators shall include a green power on light, green pump run light, red pump fault light, yellow high oil light, and white high water light. A high-level condition shall activate the red beacon light and 85 decibel alarm. The front panel shall include a pump hand-off-auto (H.O.A.) switch, pump reset button, alarm test and silence buttons.
- The panel shall be equipped with remote monitoring dry contacts for high liquid, high oil, high water, and pump fault. 4. Upgraded pump(s) protection: motor protective switch (branch circuit protection, adjustable overload and disconnect), and a thermal cutout with indicator.
- The motor starters shall be non-reversing general purpose type rated for the pump’s full load amps. The coil operating voltage shall be 24 VDC.
- The system shall incorporate an Oil Smart Pump Switch and Liquid Smart Alarm Sensor. The Oil Smart Pump Switch shall include pump “on” and “off” sensors providing a specific water pumping range. The Oil Smart Pump Controller shall not pump oil. The Liquid Smart Alarm Sensor shall detect a high liquid level and differentiate between oil and water. The controls shall both be able to differentiate between oil and water and consist of no moving parts. The alarm component shall be mounted completely separate from the pump control component to prevent nuisance alarms and so alarm component can be placed at the actual high liquid level. An alarm component connected to the pump control shall not be acceptable. All components shall be hardwired into panel. A plug-in type system shall not be acceptable.
- A simplex control circuit board (See Water Smart Board or approved equal) shall be provided to avoid conventional incidental wiring. The board shall provide redundant indicator LEDs to indicate all circuit board functions: power, pump run, pump fault and alarm status. The printed circuit board shall be manufactured by a UL approved company.
- The control panel shall be operator and maintenance friendly to ensure ease of system set up. All internal wiring shall be of the highest quality and craftsmanship to assure proper routing of conductors and to prevent interference with operating devices. There shall be a removable operator safety door stop to hold the panel door open while panel is accessed. A panel nameplate shall be permanently affixed inside the enclosure displaying panel model number, drawing number, voltage, phase, and ampere ratings. There shall be a schematic drawing located on the inside the enclosure for field personnel.
- Control panel shall be an Oil Smart, OSSIM-TP-1 or approved equal.