Specifications - parabola
Parabola VFD Control System
- These specifications describe the Parabola VFD control panel line as manufactured by See Water, Inc., Riverside, California, or approved equal. The contractor shall furnish and install the specified Parabola VFD control panel sized for incoming service and pump specified on project.
- Parabola VFD control panels shall control the following pumping systems:
Input power shall consist of the following:
- 120/208/240VAC, single-phase, 60 Hz
- 208/240/480VAC, three-phase, 60 Hz
- Control circuitry shall be 120VAC. A multi-tap transformer (208/240/480VAC Primary/120VAC Secondary) shall provide 120VAC control circuit for three-phase models. A 24VDC power supply shall provide power to additional low-voltage control circuitry.
- The control panel shall contain a 4-20mA analog input and user configurable digital I/O.
- The Parabola VFD control panel shall contain an integral PLC/HMI programmed to control pumping operation in pressure regulation or sewage and waste water applications. The following operating functions shall be included:
- Pump down
- Pressure boosting
- Constant pressure
- The pump down function allows pump operation to reduce the liquid level of a tank, reservoir, cistern, etc. Pump operation shall commence when a high level setpoint is reached and operation shall cease once a low level setpoint is reached. Level setpoints shall be user configurable via the HMI. The control panel shall accept a 4-20mA pressure transducer analog input or multiple float digital inputs as feedback references for operation.
- The pressure boosting function allows pump operation to increase system pressure. Pump operation shall commence when a low pressure setpoint is reached and operation shall cease once a high pressure setpoint is reached. Setpoints shall be user configurable via the HMI. The control panel shall accept a 4-20mA pressure transducer input as a feedback reference for operation.
- The constant pressure function allows pump operation to maintain system pressure setpoint. Operation shall commence when a low pressure setpoint is reached. During operation, a PID loop shall be employed to maintain system pressure a flow conditions vary. Operation shall cease once a high pressure setpoint is reached. Setpoints shall be user configurable via the HMI. The control panel shall accept a 4-20mA pressure transducer input as a feedback reference for operation.
The Parabola VFD control panel shall provide the following pump rotation types:
- Cycle-based lead-lag alternation
- Time-based lead-lag alternation
- Jockey operation
- Alarm history and data logging shall be included to record each alarm event, including high liquid level conditions, and the following pump events: start time, stop time, run duration. Alarm history and data logging shall store the most recent 250 events.
- Password protected multilevel HMI screen access shall be employed to prevent unauthorized operation. Default HMI access level shall permit home screen monitoring. Operator HMI access level shall permit operation selection and status and alarm log monitoring. Supervisory HMI access level shall permit lower level access as well as system settings access.
- Communication protocols shall include Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP, for remote monitoring and control of pump station.
- The panel shall be built by a UL 508A approved control systems manufacturer (See Water, Inc. or approved equal) and 100% tested at the factory prior to shipping.
- The Parabola VFD control panels shall be warranted in writing against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of two (2) years from the date of shipment when installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations.
- The enclosure shall be type 3R painted steel rated and approved for 3R environments. A 3-point latching mechanism shall be included, so control panel may be locked and secured from unwanted outside access.
- The control panel shall contain a red alarm beacon and 85-decibel audible alarm which activates in user-defined alarms and faults, such as high liquid level conditions. A dead front inner door shall contain an integral PLC/HMI with a 5.7-inch display. Green pump run indicators and red pump fault indicators shall be displayed on the HMI for easy recognition.
- The panel shall be equipped with remote monitoring dry contacts outputs for high liquid level/pressure and common alarm conditions.
- A manual motor protector shall be used as a disconnecting means each VFD. Adjustable overload protection shall be included. Each VFD shall be rated for individual pump full load amps, provide motor overload protection, and be configured for standard motor operation. Standard VFD parameter settings shall be accessible via the control panel HMI.
- The control panel shall be operator and maintenance friendly to ensure ease of system set up. All internal wiring shall be of the highest quality and craftsmanship to assure proper routing of conductors and to prevent interference with operating devices. There shall be a removable operator safety door stop to hold open the panel door open while panel is accessed. A panel nameplate shall be permanently affixed inside the enclosure displaying panel model number, drawing number, voltage, phase, and ampere ratings. There shall be a schematic drawing located on the inside the enclosure for field personnel.
- Control panel shall be a Parabola VFD control system or approved equal.